the terney house - roscommon, michigan

 

terney house roscoommon michiganAccording to the historical sign, which is no longer there, the Terney House was built by William J. Terney sometime in the late 1880's. Mr. Terney was a lumber baron.

The Terney House was constructed in the "Quen Anne" style and included, inside, ornate paneling and parque flooring made of Michigan white oak. The Terney House was demoloshed in 2012 to make way for a Dollar General of all things.

Fortunately, the local Historical Society was on hand to salvage some objects from the wreckage and preserve them in the local Historical Museum.